Looking for Zeiss DIC slider III (edit)

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cactusdave

Looking for Zeiss DIC slider III (edit)

Post by Cactusdave »

Hi
Like Pau I'm trying slowly to put together a DIC setup on a Zeiss Standard frame. I have this DIC/INKO condenser and intermediate tube as well as polariser and analyser. I understand that this condenser needs the DIC slider II rather than the DIC slider III. If anyone can help with this or can tell me about other parts I may need I should be glad to hear from them.
Last edited by Cactusdave on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Tardigrade37

Post by Tardigrade37 »

Hi Dave,

What stand will you be using this condenser on? If used with a Universal, Photomicroscope I, II, or III, or Ultraphot, the slider needs to have the designation, "II". If used on a Standard or WL, the slider needs to be of the "III" type.

EDIT: DOH!! - sorry I just saw you already stated that it will be used on a Standard. Instead of deleting the info, I have just made note of my error and left the text.

It would also help (may be necessary) if your condenser front lens was strain-free (strain-free components are written in red). It is worth nothing that your current front lens is a 0.63 NA, so this condenser may have been used on an inverted microscope. If this is the case, the orientation of the prisms may be 180 degrees off. It is also necessary to check and make sure the prisms are present. if you turn the condenser over, you will notice a raised flat area - this part can be removed by just prying it away from the condenser itself - this shouldn't require more force than your fingernails can apply. Check to see if there are prisms installed in the I, II, and III (potentially even a fourth position).

Also, this slider is sandwiched to the analyzer, so an additional analyzer is not necessary.

Regards,

Chris
Images acquired on a Zeiss Axiovert 200M.

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Thanks Chris ---- too many people looking for a DIC slider III! I have a strain free NA 1.4 top lens for this, and positions I and II have prisms installed as far as I remember, I'll check back. There is also a position with a phase ring in, Ph2 I think, and a brightfield position.

David
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic