Autumn, Almost Here!

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Autumn, Almost Here!

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well maybe but my calander says at least several more weeks of summer but you can't blame a guy for wishing. Autumn has big fat caterpillars and equally as fat and colorful spiders; that hang from tree limbs to catch you unawares and crawl across your forehead when you run into them! :smt103 However, I found no spiders today, thank goodness, but I did manage to come across this cat on a Sourwood tree that has began changing color. :D

EOS 20D
1/250 sec. @ f/16 ISO 100
430EX Canon Speedlite (-1/3)
EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Canon Macro USM
Hand held :D

Oops, I lied! I did find a spider too. A little one. I may post it later this week...maybe. 8-[

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

NOOOOOOoOooooooo not Autumn. Don`t even mention that word. I`m ready to move south :wink: Very nice and colorful picture Ken. That catapiller has more hair than I do (I have more in my ears :wink: )
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I always thought you New Englanders were a tuff breed there Doug? :D I tell ya, I am ready for autumn and a little of winter too. Of course depending on the upcoming winter, I may change my tune but that is yet to be dealt with. :lol: Working 9hrs. a day in a textile dye house with all that heat and steam off the machinery, plus 90+ degrees of heat outside makes for a rough life some days. Thanks for the comment Doug and if you do move south, you may have less snow but it is still just as cold. :wink:

salden

Post by salden »

Oh no, not autumn :cry: . I love my summers, but they seem so short in comparison with the rest of the cold year.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know you and Doug both are up there where people travel and flock to in the autumn for photography. I would think you would look forward to autumn. :-k I like it because its much cooler, especially at night when you can leave the window open and get some fresh cool air while snuggling under some homemade quilts with just your nose sticking out. :lol: Just think of the cool dry air, the colorful autumn leaves, the fall array of wildflowers and not to mention those big fat colorful spiders hanging in the trees, waiting to crawl across your forehead. :lol:

crocoite

Post by crocoite »

beetleman wrote:NOOOOOOoOooooooo not Autumn.
He He He...Spring is on its way, tra la la...

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I guess it is not Autumn itself that is making us act like this..it is the fact that a long cold winter that seems to never end is right behind it. Up where I am, you cannot plant anything in your garden until the end of May or you risk getting a frost. Lets see, probably in NC you can plant stuff starting in early April (I`m guessing) Sue in PA probably the end of April. I grew up on Long Island NY and It seems the older I get, the more I miss the smell of salt air and the ocean (Long Island has plenty of) which is another reason why I would like to move down south somewere close to the ocean. :-({|= (stop your whining Doug) Thanks steve, while we are taking pictures of ice crystals you will be posting cool insects & flowers :wink:
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know Doug, being an "old salt," I can relate to your missing an ocean breeze and the smell of salt air. Why I live so far inland is because of my mother. She is on in years and I need to be around close. Who knows maybe one day I will pack up and head for the coast. :roll:

paul

Post by paul »

crocoite wrote: He He He...Spring is on its way, tra la la...
My feelings exactly!

And a beauty of an image there, Ken; just look at those colours, and an interesting looking caterpillar.
paul h

salden

Post by salden »

I grew up with the ocean as my backyard. Funny, I do not miss it at all, but I do miss the warm weather when winter arrives. Winter is the worse season of all time.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue said:
Winter is the worse season of all time.
I have a lot of fond memories of winter. Mostly back when I was growing up but for some reason I still like it. When I was a boy growing up in East Tennessee, I remember how beautiful the moon illuminated the snow covered ground and the stars looked so bright and wonderful against a winters sky, not to mention the long walks in the woods when it was snowing. It was so quiet that you could hear the flakes of snow sometimes, as they settled on the dead autumn leaves and after my walks there was the joy of returning home for supper in the dim dusk of a winters late afternoon and finding it warmed by an old woodstove. There is a wonderful peacefulness to winter and she can embrace one in her arms if they will let her. Then of course Santa Claus comes in the winter time too! :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Ken...that was beautiful :cry: =D>
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Don't tell me I struck a nerve here in the forums? :D Wintertime is beautiful but there is much to be said about all the seasons I think, if we look. Yes I have some very fond memories of wintertime. Thanks Doug :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic