Test Image

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

S2art

Test Image

Post by S2art »

Hi again,
This is my test image to check out the quality of the objective lens.
It appears they are not that good!
The image below is of Nosema, a honey bee disease. It appears in focus or there about at the centre but falls away fairly quickly along with some severe Chromatic Abberation to boot!
I do have some old style milk bottles in the shed, should I swap them with the objectives?

Again, please feel to post critical comments.

Thanks

Stewart

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Stewart, with your kind of microscope you can't spect miracles, but the chromatic aberration and unsharpness are too high.
Usually most old style microscope objectives (in special those of high magnification) need some correction for the CA in the eyepiece. This is one of the reasons why I asked if you are using the eyepiece in your setup

If you post pictures (and complemetary descriptions) of your microscope and adapter perhaps the comments and advice could be more precise.

Also, if you shot whit Live view silent mode enabled and theatered to the computer you can avoid vibration blur (and you can focus in the computer screen easily)
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic