www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Test Image
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Test Image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Micro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2art

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Test Image Reply with quote

Hi again,
This is my test image to check out the quality of the objective lens.
It appears they are not that good!
The image below is of Nosema, a honey bee disease. It appears in focus or there about at the centre but falls away fairly quickly along with some severe Chromatic Abberation to boot!
I do have some old style milk bottles in the shed, should I swap them with the objectives?

Again, please feel to post critical comments.

Thanks

Stewart
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart, with your kind of microscope you can't spect miracles, but the chromatic aberration and unsharpness are too high.
Usually most old style microscope objectives (in special those of high magnification) need some correction for the CA in the eyepiece. This is one of the reasons why I asked if you are using the eyepiece in your setup

If you post pictures (and complemetary descriptions) of your microscope and adapter perhaps the comments and advice could be more precise.

Also, if you shot whit Live view silent mode enabled and theatered to the computer you can avoid vibration blur (and you can focus in the computer screen easily)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Micro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: