WANTED Nikon CF N Plan Achromat Objectives, RMS Thread

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mitch640

WANTED Nikon CF N Plan Achromat Objectives, RMS Thread

Post by Mitch640 »

Wanting to replace my current out of date objectives with newer and better glass. Looking for Nikon CF N Plan Achromat Objectives, 160/0.17 tube length, finite, RMS Thread in 4x, 10x and 40x, and maybe a 60x. My finances can't take them all at once, and I want to buy the smaller powers first. :) [Bid on and won a CF Plan Apo 20x from Sid today. This does it for me til next month. Thanks for all the help.]

I am also looking for a 2.5x CF Projector lens. [Found and won the bid on one of these today. Although it is designated as a CF PL2.5XA. Does anyone know what the A means?]
Last edited by Mitch640 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Do you want finite or infinite or are you not fussed? I have a BD plan 5x CF going spare but it is not an RMS thread, and it is infinity marked.

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

No, it has to be RMS to fit my turret, and it is 160 tube length, so not infinite. :)

I guess I should add that in the first post.

NikonUser

Post by NikonUser »

Mitch:
That's an ambitious set of objectives you seek.
While Apochromats are superb optics I rarely see them on ebay and when I do they are extremely expensive. I was lucky with my 4x Apo but the usual price is around $800.00 (used).
More frequently the CF N Plan Achromats appear on ebay. These too are superb lenses with lower NAs than the Apochromats. They are usually significantly less costly.
The much favoured, on this site, 10x CF N Plan 10x is an Achromat. Lots of images on PMG.net using this lens to give you some idea of how good it is.
It has a NA of 0.3, vs 0.45 for the Apochromat which must be a really superb objective.
NU.
student of entomology
Quote – Holmes on ‘Entomology’
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Whoops, didn't even notice the typo. I meant achromatic. LOL, I'm still learning the terms, let alone the equipment. I should include the Olympus lenses to, but I'd make an even bigger mess of those. LOL

Peter M. Macdonald

Post by Peter M. Macdonald »

Mitch,

Have a look at item # 250727974031 on ebay. A set of four lenses, including three of what you are after.

I know nothing of the seller.

Peter

Mitch640

Post by Mitch640 »

Peter, I saw those. Unfortunately, the total price is just a bit out of reach right now. I could probably buy them, but I couldn't eat Baloney for the next year. :lol:

Now if someone wants to go in on them, and spit them up, I'd be open to that. LOL

NikonUser

Post by NikonUser »

I thought the price was a tad on the high side.
BUT if you read the fine print he says he will include the much desired 10x at no extra cost. So now we have 5 for $1,000.00.
Can't imagine why he doesn't include the 10x in the main advert.
NU.
student of entomology
Quote – Holmes on ‘Entomology’
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

That is a nice set (condition dependant).

Well, you could almost call it a set. There is no 4X or 10X but as has been pointed out, the 10X is avaliable.

The price is also appropriate and a good indication if buying individually.

Mitch,

I have a 40X if you are interested. It is currently listed on eBay. You should not have to look too hard to find it. Send me a PM if you are interested or want more details.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Peter M. Macdonald wrote: Have a look at item # 250727974031 on ebay. A set of four lenses, including three of what you are after.
While Peter is right about three of these being what the OP asked for, I'd note that they are not ELWD (extra-long working distance) lenses. If for use on a microscope with transmitted lighting, this is likely not important. If for use on a bellows or with reflected lighting, that extra working distance is a huge benefit.

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Chris,

Point noted 8) I believe Mitch is intending to use the objectives to further enhance his recent microscope aquisition.
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?t=11325

I can see a couple of objectives on that scope that would work nicely on a bellows, the 10X CF M Plan in particular :)

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic