From California

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ancient1

From California

Post by Ancient1 »

Hello all,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My background is in electrical engineering and I worked for a national laboratory for 38 years before retiring in 2003. My hobby seems to be collecting hobbies, which include mineralogy, photomacrography, astronomy, amateur radio, electronics, sailing, flying, physical fitness and more.

I have been very interested in photomacrography for some time and have learned quite a bit on my own. At this point, I think that I could use some help to proceed further, and thus my reason for being here. I trust that the high level of expertise here will be of help in my selecting more advanced equipment and will certainly serve to improve my techniques.

Currently, I am using a Nikon SMZ800, Nikon SMZU with Sony F717, USB cameras and DinoLite digital microscopes. I have designed and constructed an automated multi-focus imaging system, which I have used for my stacking. http://mineralogicalrecord.com/pdfs/MUL ... RTICLE.pdf

All of that said, I guess I'm ready to improve my equipment and techniques. I look forward to interacting with the community.

Eugene Cisneros

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Eugene,

Welcome :)

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

Another very warm welcome from across the Pond...in England:

I very much look forward to seeing your work on here very soon Eugene:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Welcome

& 73 de G4LLI
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

microcollector

Post by microcollector »

Good to see you here "Gene. I will be attending the NCMA meeting in May, hope to see you there.

Doug
micro minerals - the the unseen beauty of the mineral kingdom
Canon T5i with Canon 70 - 200 mm f4L zoom as tube lens set at 200mm, StacK Shot rail, and Mitutoyo 5X or 10X M plan apo objectives.

My Mindat Mineral Photos
http://www.mindat.org/user-362.html#2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic