Coins from Kenya

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

Coins from Kenya

Post by beetleman »

My wife brought home some coins from here trip to Kenya (three months ago) and she finally showed them to me yesterday. OK, get the camera out and take some shots......for your pleasure :wink: #1-a group shot...#2 & 3, single coins.

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Bill D

Post by Bill D »

Very nicely done! All three shots are sharp and well lit. I really like the composition of the first shot. Would make a nice wall hanger. And, I hate to ask... but... could you spare some change? LOL
Bill

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Very nice Doug! :D I prefere a group shot. Not because of lot of money but because of "The Color of Money". :wink: :lol:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Your lighting is just about spot on Doug ...and an interesting composition too.

I was interested to note that the Kenyan currency is still in shillings - obviously a legacy of the British colonial period which ended over 40 years ago.

In the UK the British shilling (1/20th pound) disappeared (in name anyway) with our change-over to decimal currency in 1971. I suspect that most of the kids here wouldn't have a clue what a shilling was.

We used to call a shilling a "bob" - come to think of it MOST of our pre-decimal coins had nicknames whereas NONE of our decimal coins have nicknames, even after 35 years!

Bruce

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Brother can you spare a dime...or maybe even a "bob" :?: Great set of images there Doug and interesting too. :D

Ib Mathiasen

Post by Ib Mathiasen »

Great color and rearly good focus i the first foto - this picture like this can i look at for in a long time, and still find somthing new every time - great picture
Ib Mathiasen

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thats everyone for your great comments. I was very happy how they came out also. The first one makes a great computer wallpaper :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic