Sir Lankan Pit Viper Mark 2

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

Sir Lankan Pit Viper Mark 2

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

After a long, hot day photographing Ceylonese birds, capped by a spectacular sunset, you are exhausted as you trek back through the tropical jungle to your lodge. Fatigue makes you inattentive to anything but putting one foot above the other as you plod down the trail. Even though you are tired, you are moving fast, a shower sounds really good right now...

"STOP! DON'T MOVE!" comes your guide's voice. You reflexively obey the voice of authority, so can hear but can't see as the guide moves up even with you on your left. He shines his flashlight on the tree limb you were about to walk under. Your fatigue is forgotten, as you see the poisonous snake that would have been inches from your naked scalp...

This was a revised version of the Tree Viper shot I used to illustrate my scale shot yesterday (original is here:
http://www.photomacrography1.net/forum/ ... experiment

I darkened up the green tint in the background, cropped to pano, took out an artificial bit I'd overlooked in the background, and wrote the cheesey introduction....
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Beauty of a beast Mike
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic