Hello from Wagga Wagga Australia

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jgknight

Hello from Wagga Wagga Australia

Post by jgknight »

Hello, my name is John but am known as Noddy. I live in Wagga Wagga in southern New South Wales.

I started off in photography back in 1961 after I left school and pursued it as a career for the next 12 years.
This was back when film photography was the only option and the photography magazines were talking about this new thing called colour photography - "Is it a good thing, or just a passing fad". Ha ha, some fad!

I worked in television as a stills photographer in Wagga and the Channel 10 in Sydney, then moved on into advertising and fashion photography.

After the birth of my first child, I returned to Wagga and went into the family business for the next forty years.

About five years ago I renewed my interest in cameras with my first digital. Since then, there has been no turning back.

I am looking forward to being a part of this group and hope to be an active member.
John

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times the memory.

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

A very warm welcome John........I too am a new member but not with your vast, past experience of lenses and techniques....I am sure that you will be posting wonderful shots very soon..............I look forward to seeing them:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

Craig Gerard

Post by Craig Gerard »

Welcome again John,

I've worked for Channel Nine and The Grundy Organisation; but during my time there you would have been back in Wagga Wagga; thought we may have crossed paths on Gore Hill. During my time there most of the things I looked at through the camera were moving.

You'll find the mob here to be a pretty good bunch.

Enjoy!

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

jgknight

Post by jgknight »

Thank you Sonyalpha and Craig.
My time in photography back then was limited to larger things than what this forum deals with but never the less, I am keen to learn as much as I can about this tiny world you delve into.

Yes Craig, no doubt we have crossed paths many times and trod the same paths but probably in different time zones. I can remember Reg Grundy himself back in the sixties when he would travel to the USA and stay in his hotel room for the whole stay, to watch TV and bring back new ideas for TV in Australia. One of our TV Show pioneers.

This forum really blows my socks off with the quality of work in here. My shots cannot compete with the images I have seen here but if I don't post, I will not get advice on how to improve.
I am looking forward participating.
John

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times the memory.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic