Snakes on a Plane

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

Snakes on a Plane

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertai ... kes13.html

I admit, I'm gonna have to go see it! The above article talks about it quite a bit, including a brief explanation of how the snakes got there (which I'd wondered about). Includes an interview with the snake handler for the film.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I don't know about this "Snakes on a Plane" thing Mike. I read a little about it here and there. Some things good, somethings bad. I once heard a good while back they were going to do a movie about the "Enola Gay." Now thats a movie I would like to see. Heck, I think Harry Truman produced it. :lol:

The last couple of good movies I saw were "Master and Commander" and "Hiroshima." Gott'em both at Wal Mart for a few dollars. The movie Hiroshima is both a movie and a documentary, with interviews with the survivors and military personnel from both sides. Lots of actual footage and full of facts. I was confused by the movie though. I thought Fujimora was the primary target and Nagasaki was the secondary. The movie let me to believe otherwise. If I recall correctly Fujimora was socked in by the weather and Nagasaki just happened to be a break in the clouds, thats why they were hit. :-k

Mike B in OKlahoma

http://www.childrenofthemanhattanprojec ... CG_03B.htm

For the first A-bomb mission, Hiroshima was the primary target, and of course was the one hit. For the second mission, Kokura was supposed to be the target, but due to bad weather, the commander diverted to Nagasaki, an alternate target.

Back in "the day", I was a nuclear weapons technician for the US military, I now work in radiation protection, and I am a big history buff, so this is right up my alley. :-) I am rather a fan of General Groves, the person who lead the atomic bomb project, even though I would not want him to be my boss!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Very interesting Mike, thanks for setting me straight on the secondary. I always though Fugimora was the primary on the second run, wonder where I got that? No, I don't think Gen. Groves would be a good boss to have but probably a most effective one from that which he is portrayed in the movie "Hiroshima." If you have not seen this movie you might want to. The guy they have playing Harry S. Truman is a dead ringer for him, Kenneth Welsh, I believe. You may want to pop some corn and grab a few other snacks too because its a 180 min. of time well spent IMO. :wink:

Ken gives it... :smt023 :smt023

Mike B in OKlahoma

More on the "Snakes" movie, with some realistic commentary from an actual snake handler (they made the movie snakes much bigger than real life, imagine that!).

http://blogs.chron.com/tmi/2006/08/debu ... plane.html
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic