Edmund Optics 10x Nikon

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

seed

Edmund Optics 10x Nikon

Post by seed »

I purchased this a few weeks ago alongside a 4x version and found that the 4x does everything I need it to do, and I'd need some more/better equipment to fully use the 10x anyway. It came out of the box, got mounted, I found that it was far more magnification than what I needed (it's a novelty for me) and it returned to the box.

So, if anyone would like to try it, I'll ship it for $80 (I think that's fair, anyway?)

seed

Post by seed »

or less? I'd feel dishonest returning it.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I admire your ethics, but returning it is hardly dishonest -- returns are built into Edmund's business plan.

When I became curious about that objective, I wrote to Edmund asking for more details.

Along with what information they had (which was not much), the reply email said this:
...@edmundoptics.com wrote:We encourage customers to take advantage of our 30 day return policy for situations like this: try the item, and if it doesn't work out for you - return it.
It turns out that the lens is useful to me, so I'm keeping mine. But yours is not for you, so return it -- all perfectly honest and above-board.

--Rik

seed

Post by seed »

Thank you for your reply, Rik.

I think I'll just keep it as everything I've ever done with a camera has snowballed and I will probably be wanting to jump into higher magnifications at some point.

And if not, I've blown a hundred bucks in far stupider ways!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic