Three levels of Cosmos

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Three levels of Cosmos

Post by Charles Krebs »

This Cosmos was sitting in a small vase on the breakfast table this morning, and the window light was quite nice so I took the top picture. While doing so, some details looked interesting so I spent a little more time looking much closer.

The top photograph is marked with two blue boxes to show the regions photographed in the lower two images.

Canon 100/2.8 macro.

Reversed 28/4 Schneider Componon. 43 image stack.

20/0.40 Nikon CF M Plan ELWD (extended to about 28X). 62 image stack.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Beautiful, just beautiful!

--Rik

LordV

Post by LordV »

Wonderful sequence :)
brian v.
www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Great!
Makes me feel like an insect that's visiting this flower/inflorescence: #1 sitting inside on the petals, #2: approaching the good stuff, #3: diving into the yummy pollen, a sea of all tones of orange and yellow. (Yup, I must be a rather small insect, let's imagine being a thrips :D)

Now Charlie, you know about my inquisitiveness when it comes to equipment :wink: :
Was #1 shot with the new Canon IS L macro lens? How do you like it?
Do you happen to have the serial-no. of the 28/4 Schneider at hand? (Just nosy to see what manufacturing age group your copy belongs to.)

--Betty

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Betty,

Not the new "L"... this is the previous version (USM). It's a very good lens. Pondered the new one a little, but a few comments I've seen from people who have both seem to be that the IS is great (as is the image quality) but the image quality difference alone may not be sufficient to make a lot of people switch. (Very anecdotal... so when the local rental shop gets one in I might give it a try).

My 28/4 is #113985435. So it was made sometime between Nov 1968 and July 1970. It has the older style mount (this one is black) which I greatly prefer. It has the most beautiful aperture mechanism, 15 blades. (Not that it matters too much... I often use it wide open at f4... but you just don't see something like that anymore).

morfa

Post by morfa »

Lovely series Charles!

I right away got exactly the same insect POV association Betty did BTW ;-)

/John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic