New to this site...Hello all

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dave_putty

New to this site...Hello all

Post by dave_putty »

Hello everyone...I'm new to this site and would just like to show respect by saying Hi :D

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Hi Dave!

This is a very friendly place, thanks for showing yourself, and don't hesitate to dive right in and post!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

Hi Dave, Welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing some of your shots. You'll find everyone pretty friendly around here and helpful too.
Carl B. Constantine

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Greetings Dave, alway nice to hear from our new members whether they post images or not. We have a real great membership here. I am sure you will enjoy the crowd. Welcome aboard! :D

PeglegOS

Post by PeglegOS »

Welcome. These folks are a great help. Just don't let Ken's descroptive powers scare you off. :wink:
Revelation III Compound
Nikon D50
Canon A10
Canon A1
Mamiya RB67 Pro

Jeremy Perez

Post by Jeremy Perez »

Since I just joined myself, I'd like to say hello also. This forum has been an excellent resource for me already, and I greatly appreciate the effort put into the information and images posted here.

I'm an amateur astronomer and spend much of my time sketching what I see through the eyepiece to help train my eye to detect subtle details, and to keep a record of my observations. But I also try my hand at astro-photography from time to time.

I recently came into possession of a Reichert One-Sixty microscope from the surplus warehouse at the local university. It's re-kindled an interest in something I haven't had the tools to investigate since I was in high school. I'm really excited by what I've seen already. It's going to be a wild new learning curve I can tell. My initial reaction after struggling to identify my first cloudy drop of living organisms is that it's a skill that's definitely going to require a lot of study and effort. Learning the morphology of astronomical objects has been a very rewarding process, so I'm sure this will be too.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and outstanding photography. I look forward to learning from it, and hopefully giving back at some point in the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic