Female Redback Spider

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

missgecko

Female Redback Spider

Post by missgecko »

I "think" :? this is a female Redback. I have always thought they were black with the red stripe (they can move really fast then :D ), but upon goggling I spotted female redbacks with white markings as well. There were two of them in the dark and it was only after looking at the photos on the PC that I noticed the white markings as well as the red stripe. I'm thinking that they could be little fangs at the front in the second photo? For your enjoyment.

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I would be having to view this post right before bedtime! :lol: That thing is creepy, though beautiful too! Nice series missgecko :D

P_T

Post by P_T »

I know how hard it is to shoot a redback due to their highly contrasting colours and timid nature and these are excellent!!

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

Thanks very much Ken and P.T. :D
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Nice, speaking about spiders...this could be interesting: 1 Million Spiders Make Golden Silk for Rare Cloth
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

MacroLuv wrote:Nice, speaking about spiders...this could be interesting: 1 Million Spiders Make Golden Silk for Rare Cloth
Indeed it was! :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Oh very nice!!

I'm guessing it is a female, the girls tend to have the bigger butts
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

P_T

Post by P_T »

MacroLuv wrote:Nice, speaking about spiders...this could be interesting: 1 Million Spiders Make Golden Silk for Rare Cloth
They should've come to Australia... Our Golden Orbs seem bigger than those in the photo.

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

Oh, very quick P.T. :lol: I hear you have to be very careful with Brown Snakes too now that spring is here.

Cheers
Sam

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic