MYXOMYCETES IX - Questionable subjects

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Walter Piorkowski

MYXOMYCETES IX - Questionable subjects

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Still not certain as to the nature of these. Definitely at the fructifiation stage.
Could this be the pseudoaethalium of Tubifera ferunginosa? Or a fungal species?
Possible sporangia of the Genus Didymium or extremely small mushrooms?

Olympus C-2000-Z
M3500 closeup lens

My apologies for hitting you people with so many uncertainties but maybe some experts will way in. The orange subject by the way was found on a painted picnic table at the head of a galvanized carriage bolt. Most unusual indeed.

Walt

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thats what science is all about.....Questionable subjects Whatever thay are, there pretty cool looking IMO
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Interesting photos Walt :D Check out, in Stephensons book, the page that deals with the association that myxo's seem to have with bryophytes. It seems there is one species there that is or seems to be consistant or likes to associate with bryophytes.

The second photograph resembles a "jelly fungi." Pardon me while I whip out my Smithsonian Handbook of Mushrooms...nope, no such luck. Could have sworn I saw them in there :-k Probably on another site or in another book. No telling with me. Anyway I would bet on some sort of jelly fungi but then you never know. :roll: As for that third set of beauties, I have no idea. :(

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Great images! I think the orange one and the last are fungi.
I swear Ive seen a orange one like in a wood, was all slimey like cold blancmange
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Walter Piorkowski

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Thanks guys. Your probably right about the orange goo.

Walt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic