www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Whitefly?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whitefly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lauriek
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Whitefly? Reply with quote

I'm guessing this is a whitefly, as it's white and looks like a tiny fly, although on close examination it looks more like a tiny lacewing or caddisfly so I suspect it is not dipteran. It's so small and I didn't want to damage it so I've not tried prying the wings open to look for haltares..

Can anyone confirm? Captured from the vegetable patch, around 2-3mm long.

The first image is not stacked, a lazy single shot at f5.6 with the OM38/2.8 on a little bellows extension.. (for ID purposes!)

I'm not entirely happy with this stack, but it's a tricky subject to light/expose! Wink

Stack of 59 images with Nikon CF Plan 10x/0.30 objective. Stacked in Zerene stacker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: