Fading lilac (thumbnail)

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

elf

Fading lilac (thumbnail)

Post by elf »

Before resizing to 800x700 this was 13500x11500, so it qualifies as a thumbnail :)

I think sometimes a flower that is past it's prime and disintegrating is more interesting than the 'perfect' flower.

The center blossom is a 3x3 focus stacked mosaic with each frame containing approximately 50 images. The blossom was 14mm wide so this was slightly over 2X. This section was shot with El-Nikkor 50mm at f/5.6. The surrounding images (80) were shot as a standard panorama at f/16.

Zerene Stacker was used for focus stacking and Microsoft ICE for compositing the final image.

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Are you making all the adjustments by hand ? Must be hard to keep track but the results seem worth it (though this one is a bit dark ?) if you really need to print out such huge images.

Have you looked at Zoomify to show them on the web ? Or have we had this conversation before :-k ?

Andrew

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

In floral photography it is the norm to underexpose by about a third of a stop or so.

The black border works well.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

elf

Post by elf »

AndrewC wrote:Are you making all the adjustments by hand ? Must be hard to keep track but the results seem worth it (though this one is a bit dark ?) if you really need to print out such huge images.

Have you looked at Zoomify to show them on the web ? Or have we had this conversation before :-k ?

Andrew
I usually just use Live View to determine how much to rotate the camera vertically or horizontally. Since both rotations are geared, I can just repeat using the same amount. It's pretty easy to keep track.

ICE has two file formats for displaying large images, HDView and Deep Zoom. Deep Zoom has a smaller file size as it uses Silverlight. My online storage space is pretty full, so I need to delete something before I can add any more large images.
Harold Gough wrote:In floral photography it is the norm to underexpose by about a third of a stop or so.

The black border works well.

Harold
I would have needed more light on the background to lighten this up. The OOF part of the flower is actually quite far from the subject.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic