Mite stack

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lauriek

Mite stack

Post by lauriek »

Apparently this is a Mite, the guys at Fred Miranda helped ID it, I originally wasn't sure if it was a mite or a tick..

I found two of these under a rock the other day. It's another freezer proof bug, been in there for a couple of days but it started to wake while I was stacking it. Hence the legs are not perfect!

Stack of 53 input images shot with E330, OM Auto bellows, Nikon 10x CF plan objective, STF-22 Twinflash. Sawn-off Olympus BHA microscope base and stage used for subject movement. Subject on a slide, moss background mounted under stage.

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Super stack Laurie - your technique certainly works well in avoiding unnatural and distracting shadows. Subject is nicely dust free too.

I'm amazed that the mite started to revive after two days in a freezer (-18ish degrees?). Did it fully revive eventually?

Bruce :)

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Thanks Bruce, I was surprised too. It always makes me jump when something starts waving at me through the viewfinder when it shouldn't!

Afraid it didn't have a chance to, I put it back in the freezer when I'd finished the stack as I suspected it would not come out too well... It's now been in there a few more days. I expect I'll try another stack of it over the weekend, if it wakes up again I will go put it back where I found it!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic