Frost

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

l_acland

Frost

Post by l_acland »

Found these growing on a petri dish I left outside to catch snowflakes, so took them into my cottage's extension which I keep cold for winter photography.
Photographed using a M420 Leica Apozoom Macroscope, magnified here to about 25X. Natural light reflected by mirror.

One is never leaving a dear place. One is always in the process of returning to it. - Spanish proverb

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Laurence,

Unique detail, fascinating subject.

Lighting technique reveals the intricate structure.

Why is it blue - filter or gel or?

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Gérard-64

Post by Gérard-64 »

Superbe!

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Fantastic! :D

Harold Gough

Re: Frost

Post by Harold Gough »

l_acland wrote: took them into my cottage's extension which I keep cold for winter photography.
Hmmm. I like your style! My wife keeps talking about getting a small extension. I wonder... :)

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

l_acland

Frost

Post by l_acland »

Thanks for your question Craig. I shot the crystals using available daylight and it being late in the day, in fact after sunset, the light was very cold as were the shooting conditions. I shot six frames in Raw File Format and directly imported them into Helicon Focus to increase depth-of-field. I did some final touch-up in Photoshop but didn't need to adjust the saturation to get those chilly wintery blues.
One is never leaving a dear place. One is always in the process of returning to it. - Spanish proverb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic