Bushfly in a box...

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

crocoite

Bushfly in a box...

Post by crocoite »

...inside a plastic box coz I didn't want him flying around inside :wink: . These critters can keep you awake at night, they are so loud!

I found him on the window sill in our bathroom, just sitting there minding his own business, when....wham! (No, he didn't get splattered, just captured) :)

The photos are about 9mm across and taken through clear plastic that is about 2mm thick. I ran two of each through CombineZ to get a little extra detail, and I'm not unhappy with the results, particularly the first...
Last edited by crocoite on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Never heard of a Bushfly there Steve but you always learn something new around here and that's good. Flies are annoying even if they don't make any sounds. Some pretty good shots for shooting through plastic. :D

crocoite

Post by crocoite »

Thanks Ken. I think the term bushfly is a colloquial one. "Bush" is Aussie slang for the great outdoors and "bushflies" are the irritating critters that get into every available orifice :?

This one is quite a lot larger than a common housefly...

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Very cool Steve. Sounds like our "BlackFlies" we have here in the spring. They are such a pain and they never give up on their quest for your blood :shock: The Deer Flies are the ones that make a lot of noise when they fly circles around your head....and they never give up on their quest for your blood!!!!!
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

crocoite

Post by crocoite »

At least the bushies only "lick" you :smt087

Our equivalent to your deer flies are probably march flies. You know as soon as you don't hear them that they are about to BITE!

An excellent article on Aussie bushflies can be found here --> http://www.viacorp.com/flybook/fulltext.html

I love the comment "To be blunt, they are also hoping you might do a poo." :smt118 :smt118 :smt118

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic