A DIY Reversed Lens Linkage

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Harold Gough

A DIY Reversed Lens Linkage

Post by Harold Gough »

Take a look at this string in another forum:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/731810

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

mgoodm3

Post by mgoodm3 »

Most useful for Canon because they like to control the aperture electronically, but seems kinda fiddly and I don't have a lot of use for AF with macro anyway.

elf

Post by elf »

It's on my ToDo list to make something like this. I have an old 4/3rds body to extract the electrical contacts from and an Olympus 14-40mm kit lens (that isn't worth putting on the camera) to salvage the lens mount from. I just haven't figured out how to connect everything to the bellows setup.

There are quite a few dead camera bodies and lens available for the asking or for shipping costs, so experimenting shouldn't cost too much.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Much easier to get a coupling ring and reverse attach an old manual lens onto a longer lens.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Joseph S. Wisniewski

Post by Joseph S. Wisniewski »

Cyclops wrote:Much easier to get a coupling ring and reverse attach an old manual lens onto a longer lens.
Are you doing this on a Quanon? If so, how do you control aperture on the reversed lens?

If you're leaving the reversed lens wide open and controlling aperture on the "longer lens" mounted on the camera, you're taking a big hit on performance...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic