Hallo aus Deutschland

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rekuwi

Hallo aus Deutschland

Post by rekuwi »

Hallo rundum,

ich freue mich dieses Forum entdeckt zu haben. Die Fotos die ich hier sehe sind so phantastisch und bewundernswert, ich bin total begeistert. Ich lebe in Wiesbaden, fotografiere schon seit vielen Jahren (aber nicht professionell) und seit ich ein Mikroskop habe auch die kleinen Dinge die ich dort entdecke. Meine fotografische Ausstattung dafür möchte ich noch verbessern.

Regi

noch eine Frage an DaveW.: wo finde ich den Link zu den tollen Bilder mit Wassertropfen - waterdrops? Danke für eine Antwort!

rovebeetle

Post by rovebeetle »

Hallo Regi!

Ja, dieses Forum ist fantastisch, aber wenn du eine Antwort erhalten willst solltest du in englischer Sprache posten denn 99% der Forumsteilnehmer sind der deutschen Sprache sicher nicht mächtig.

Cheers
Last edited by rovebeetle on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

True. And we are very tolerant of "bad" English! :D

I will let one of the native speakers translate that. I don't want to risk it. :wink:

--Rik

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

My limited grasp of German suggests that Harry is expressing a sentiment in sympathy with my feelings.

My use of the language has been restricted to insect identification keys (mainly a Swiss German one to Collembola) and to an annual cactus seed mail order catalogue which gave descriptions, for equal numbers of species, in French, German and English. In the latter, I could tell whether the species was rare, how big its flowers were, and what colour, or know the nature of its spines. I also needed to refer to some technical papers in German in my research work but would get key ones translated. Not a good foundation for exchanging ideas on photography and allied matters! :?

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Rik wrote:
And we are very tolerant of "bad" English! :D
Yeah, true! :D

But on the other hand :( one would really like to know in case one made some kind of bad or funny mistakes repeatedly. Without such feed-back one can´t improve one's skills in the foreign language. As such a hint would be OT in a thread, a Private Message would also do, and would be much appreciated.

--Betty
hoping to receive your PM whenever necessary! :D

rekuwi

Post by rekuwi »

I believe, it is more easy for most of You if I write in English, but I have not enough words to discribe the subjekts.
And therefore - und deshalb laßt mich in Deutsch schreiben - I will write in easy sentences - und ich werde in einfachen Sätzen schreiben.

Liebe Betty, danke wenn Du das dann übersetzt.

Und ich hoffe hier noch viel zu lernen!

Liebe Grüße von Regi

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Liebe Betty, danke wenn Du das dann übersetzt.
So you got me another job, then! :shock: :lol:

Naw, c'mon you have done well so far, you can do it. Yes, you can! :D
There are dictionaries for the vocabulary you're lacking.

--Betty

Cyberspider

Post by Cyberspider »

Welcome Regi,

this is one of the reason i'm here. when you are forced to write in English you learn more and more...and everybody at this forum would correct or help you...just try with easy words from a dictionary or try to discribe what you meaning...
best regards
Markus

SONY a6000, Sigma 150mm 2,8 Makro HSM, Extention Tubes, Raynox DCR-250

visit me on flickr

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

rjlittlefield wrote:And we are very tolerant of "bad" English! :D
ROFL Rik! :lol: Good one ...

Regi, lass Dir von der Sprache nicht die Freude verderben, ein aktives Mitglied dieser Community zu sein! Niemand wird Dir hier Deine Fehler im Englischen ankreiden. Wenn Du unsicher bist, stell Dir einfach vor, die Kollegen hier müssten alle in einem deutschsprachigen Forum posten :lol:

Außerdem gibt es websites wie diese:

http://de.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

die einem beim Übersetzen helfen. Und mit der Zeit gewöhnt man sich den in der (Macro-) Fotografie üblichen englischen Slang in Form von immer wiederkehrenden Redewendungen an, mit denen man dann auch ganz gut kommunizieren kann.

Viel Spass jedenfalls hier.

Gruß,
Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

rekuwi wrote:I believe, it is more easy for most of You if I write in English, but I have not enough words to discribe the subjekts.
And therefore - und deshalb laßt mich in Deutsch schreiben - I will write in easy sentences - und ich werde in einfachen Sätzen schreiben.
In some of the strings, I have considerable difficulty understanding what is being discussed, or at least its priciples and, in particular, its details. And English is my native language! :roll: But it, mostly, doesn't matter, as I am not actively involved in the technical matters discussed. In such areas, I have learned a lot of new words, some of which I understand.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi rekuwi,

Glad you found the water-drops interesting. My German is non existent. I joined a German night school class to learn a bit of German since a lot of cactus literature is written in German. I thought I would at least learn the "and's and but's" to save keep using a dictionary for frequently used words.

The course however seemed to be dedicated to learning how to go on holiday to German speaking countries and order enough alcohol to get legless! Not much use to a tea-total cactophile like me!

Somebody posted this link here somewhere but I can't find who and where again, but some of my German friends found it useful for the technical terms:-

http://www.flaschenboden.de/en_de.html

There are translation utilities on the web you can use to translate difficult text. They are not perfect but at least give you a good idea about what is being written:-

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

DaveW

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic