www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - High-traffic macro video on YouTube
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
High-traffic macro video on YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: High-traffic macro video on YouTube Reply with quote

Ken's recent posting prompted me to look at YouTube for the first time ever. (Those are impressive model airplanes!)

But then a few other things caught my eye, like this 'MANTIS NINJA' VS 'DAMSELFLY'!_ ONE GETS EATEN ALIVE!!!.

What blows my socks off about that one are the statistics: Added July 13, 2006; Views: 409,572; Comments: 1064.

True, the comments seem a bit, um, below the quality of what we're used to here. Wink And one of them suggests that this flick somehow got special status: why is this featured? its interesting but please...were all sick of these short animal wonder videos youtube!

Still, what a view count Shocked

Kinda like getting your 15 seconds on CNN, without even having to break any laws, and getting a url for the reruns!

--Rik

PS. Searching YouTube for "macro" gets you mostly video game stuff. Who would have guessed?!

PPS. Scanning down the hit list, I see that the view counts for our sort of macro stuff are typically one or two hundred. Some guy going by the username of "lucasberg" gets a few more...
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argggh! Poor damselfly! Sad By the way did you see the Mouse (Harry) vs. the big ol'Tarantula? I couldn't bear to look. Anxious
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of vids of my Tarantula up there(as well as some of the kids), but there is some dodgy stuff on there too!
MacroLuv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Ad first I didn't see mantis before she snatched damselfly. What a fast convulsion. I captured my "Tigress" mantis snatching a fly still buzzing in the air. Well, not video but photo sequence. I'm going to post it soon. Very Happy

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: