Christmas Favorite

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

NikonUser

Christmas Favorite

Post by NikonUser »

After yesterday's (22Dec2008) blizzard that dumped 35cm (14") of snow, my favorite location today is indoors looking out at the 36" drift on the back deck.
NU.
student of entomology
Quote – Holmes on ‘Entomology’
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

That looks cosy at your place there!

But first in that bright sunshine I´d go on a hike with snowshoes in that snowy forest on the hills that I think I can see in the background, lhs from your neighbour´s house. Then when coming back from the hike, I would sit down in that nice room in a big wingback chair with a good book or English audio book and a cuppa. I hope there´s a crackling fire in a wood-burning stove or fireplace in that room too. And how about a pan-fried moose or caribou steak with some lingonberry jam, roasted potatoes, Brussel sprouts, red cabbage or mushrooms, and some christmas pud thereafter! :smt106

And then - hopefully, our bellies are not too full - we would sing together Georg Friedrich Händel´s "Tochter Zion, freue Dich" (very well then, "Thine be the Glory", if you insist. :wink:)

It doesn´t get much better than this, does it?!

Thanks NU, I now feel a bit more christmassy! (If at all, here at the sea, we usually get only a little snow for a few days each year, and have had neither snow nor decent frost this year so far.)

Best wishes
--Betty :smt114

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I love snow but I don't love it that much! However it is a beautiful view. Now that Betty has sufficiently whetted my appetite, I think I will just mosey into the kitchen and prowl the fridge. :D

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Wow. That's what I call a White Christmas!!! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic