The missed images

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Carl_Constantine

The missed images

Post by Carl_Constantine »

Ever go out say with family or friends and see a wonderful macro pic potential and miss it cuz you don't have your camera? I had this yesterday. Went blackberry picking with my family http://photo-op.ca/?p=81 and saw a couple beautiful bumble bees around the flowers and berries. Was kicking myself for not bringing my camera with me :-(
Carl B. Constantine

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

A wonderful photogrpah of you and the family Carl, excellent. Maybe we should move this to Community though.

OBTW, I hope Sue doesn't see that "Pay Pal" thing you have posted for a new camera. If she does, there will be "Pay Pal" icons all over the place! :? :lol: However, and excellent idea! :D

Carl_Constantine

Yes it is a good idea, but hasn't done anything for me though. No donations so my account was marked inactive by PayPal. Have to set it up again.
Carl B. Constantine

salden

Post by salden »

Nice family photo. I have plenty of missed opportunities for images. There is an open field right out back where I work and dragonflies, BF,s hawks, you name it are there. But I cannot bring my camera to work, so I miss those opportunities everyday.

For Ken to donate for a new MarkII for me :smt045 :smt113
Sue Alden

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Ah the missed opportunities!

Nice family photo BTW.
Talking of photos, on your site when i click on Macro I get a blank page!
Just these words:

My First Hopper
Filed under: Macro, Nature — @ 9:33 pm
One of my photography passions, is macro photography. I love the macro world. However, I have to confess that I’m scared of certain insects. ............
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Carl_Constantine

Cyclops wrote:Ah the missed opportunities!

Nice family photo BTW.
Just these words:
oh really? works fine for me. Try refreshing your browser. Try a real browser like Firefox instead of ie ;-) Also, I haven't tried the site on the new ie7 beta yet.
Carl B. Constantine

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hey I have been cautious as to downloading IE 7. If anyone has, tell me...is it worth it? I know the Windows Live Toolbar is a pain. I downloaded it, used it a bit and then trashed it and went back to my good ol' Google Toolbar. Thanks :D

I'm old and set in my ways :roll:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Carl_Constantine wrote:
Cyclops wrote:Ah the missed opportunities!

Nice family photo BTW.
Just these words:
oh really? works fine for me. Try refreshing your browser. Try a real browser like Firefox instead of ie ;-) Also, I haven't tried the site on the new ie7 beta yet.
I will try again later.
I did try Firefox once but it caused problems on certain sites, notably banking etc.
We're runnig Windoiws ME and maybe it doesnt like it-may get XP soon.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Carl_Constantine

Ken Ramos wrote:Hey I have been cautious as to downloading IE 7. If anyone has, tell me...is it worth it? I know the Windows Live Toolbar is a pain. I downloaded it, used it a bit and then trashed it and went back to my good ol' Google Toolbar. Thanks :D

I'm old and set in my ways :roll:
Don't blame you Ken. IE7 finally does add tabbed browsing which is nice and is integrated into the browser and not through that stupid MSN toolbar. It's only been years since netscape added tabbed browsing and MS to catch up and see that it's actually worth it/useful.

IE7 still is up to it's old tricks when it comes to certain sites that are hosted on apache/unix instead of Windows/IIS in that it will deliberately load slowly though you can bypass it sometimes with a stop and refresh.

Haven't tested it fully, a web developer friend of mine is testing it out.

So the answer is, just use firefox and wait ;-)
Carl B. Constantine

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I have used FireFox before, it's o.k. but I went back to IE6. There was something about FireFox I did not like, I can't remember what it was now, its been so long since I used it. However a lot of folks do use FireFox and love it. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic