What you may have missed about posting in the Galleries

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

What you may have missed about posting in the Galleries

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Something that is probably calmly explained in the directions, if I'd bothered to read 'em (but I didn't) is that the new software for uploading images automatically resizes the image you upload to 800 pixels on the longest side. This may be confusing if you've done sharpening to an image created at a smaller side. The sharpening may not quite look right if it is resized quite a bit (if you're trying to upload images larger than 800 pixels on a side, you are a naughty boy or girl, and Santa will fill your stocking with coal this December).

You can get around this by plugging in a number for the maximum size...There's a space for it in the upload menu.

twebster

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Mike, :D

I'm assuming you're not talking about uploading images in the Member Galleries but uploading images here in the forum. I just tested the image upload function with a 600 pixel long image. It uploaded and displayed as a 600 pixel long image. I took a second copy of the image and put 800 in the max pixel box. The image still diplayed as a 600 pixel long image. The software will take a file that is oversized, either in pixels or kilobytes, and resize the image to a maximum 800 pixels and 150 KB but I can't get it to display a smaller image at a larger size.

Could you please try to define the issue a bit further?
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Well...Up my nose with a rubber hose!

I tried to post something this weekend, and it was large and blurry, so I assumed it had been enlarged to 800 (it went to normal size when I specified my original dimensions. But it doesn't seem to be happening now.

What I meant to say was you MISSED seeing that, 'cause it ain't happening now! :-) Yep, that's what I had in mind. Scuffling away with proud expression and and nose in air! :P

Seriously, I have no idea what happened in my case, but it doesn't seem to be happening now. So no clue here. Assume it was a moment of temporary derangement on my part.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Happens to the best of us Mike. I have had a few minor gliches my self here lately that have me puzzled too but they too seem to have gone by the wayside. Dunno? :-k :lol:

twebster

Post by twebster »

It's OK, Mike. Tell me, have you been gathering wild mushrooms lately :?: :smt119

Best regards as always, my friend :!: :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic