Trumpet Creeper aka Crossvine

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Marcepstein

Trumpet Creeper aka Crossvine

Post by Marcepstein »

These two images are of the interior bloom (Bignonia capreolata) showing the anthers and pistil and were taken with the EOS R7, in camera stack-bracketing about 75 stacks, using the ef 100mm f2.8 macro usm (is off) and extension tubes. I used DXO Photolab 6 and Canon DPP v4 to process the raw images. The images were stacked using Zerene. Both images were edited using DMap as the base and PMap to highlight certain areas. Both programs are pretty easy to use and both have different user control modules (some options are automated and pretty good). I still think there is more for me to learn about these programs. And of course the results can vary depending on how you develop the raw images. Both images were uploaded to Photoshop CS6 for final adjustments. DXO can make an image pop and didnt require much adjustment. The DPP image required a few more steps in adjusting brightness, contrast and color. Thanks for looking - Comments welcomed.

DPP v4 Below
DPP-2--final-2023-03-15.jpg

DXO Photolab 6 Below
DXO_1-final--2023-03-15.jpg

Marc
It is what it is, or is it?

Marcepstein

Re: Trumpet Creeper aka Crossvine -- 2nd up

Post by Marcepstein »

Not sure what happened to the 1st stacks but here is a crop from the center ..
DXO-3-crop-2023-03-17.jpg

Adalbert

Re: Trumpet Creeper aka Crossvine

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Marc,
And what is your tendency, which one do you prefer?
BTW, I use LR6
Best, ADi

Marcepstein

Post by Marcepstein »

I just updated my OS to windows 11 from windows 7. I was using Photoshop CS6 Bridge but the CR3 files from the EOS R7 aren't compatible. DXO Photolab 6 is pretty easy to use and is an all-in-one program for RAW processing (really good), denoise (really good) and sharpening (humm hard to tell). It has more adjustment modules than I would ever use. DPP v4 has user controls that are pretty intuitive and easy to use. The color correction module is nice for adjusting individual colors. Im still trying DPP out. DXO seems to have better results for color and contrast. Topaz has come out with a newer program (Photo AI) that has denoise, sharpen, and resolution enhancement. It doesn't have a RAW conversion tool. I also looked at Neat Image for denoising images and honestly, it's not quite as sharp the Topaz Denoise but it did a very good job.

From a budget standpoint, I am trying to avoid subscription models. So the programs are new to me and still getting used to the controls, as you can see, but I'll give them a go. DXO is standing out for RAW conversion and denoise. DXO Photolab is expensive (219) but it is a 3-in-one program. DPP is free. Topaz Photo AI (200). Topaz Sharpen (~80). Neat Image (<50).

:)

Marcepstein

Post by Marcepstein »

I need to update information on the Topaz apps. I had sent a question to their support team regarding Sharpen AI. Here is a response regarding the app:
Right now we don't have an official date that we plan to discontinue Sharpen AI on, but it is on the way out along with DeNoise AI and Gigapixel AI -- Photo AI will be the app that we continue providing support for into the foreseeable future, while the IQ apps (DeNoise AI, Sharpen AI, and Gigapixel AI) will be eventually discontinued at a yet to be determined date.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hi Marc,
Does the company go bankrupt and stop supporting all products?
Best, ADi

Marcepstein

Post by Marcepstein »

? It’s too bad, seemed like a popular app that was reasonably priced.

AlP

Post by AlP »

Marcepstein wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:28 am
? It’s too bad, seemed like a popular app that was reasonably priced.
Seems Topaz has taken a page from Luminar (not smiley face).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic