Fetid Adder's Tongue

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Bob

Fetid Adder's Tongue

Post by Bob »

Feted Adder’s Tongue flower (about ¾” dia.). Take using the Prototype Light Pipe detailed in the Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions. It was take with both ports open and exposed for 1/250 sec. at f/16. Comments and thoughts on how it could have been improved would be very much appreciated.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Darn, and here I was looking for an extreme closeup of part of a dead snake! :P :lol: :shock:

I know nothing of orchids (which I assume this is). Shot looks good except maybe could use another shot of USM. But that's just my opinion.

I don't think I've responded to one of your photos before, so welcome!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Bob

Post by Bob »

Mike,

Thanks for your welcome. You are correct. I had sharpened it when I printed it 11" x 14" but forgot to sharpen it when I sized it for the web.

The flower is part of the Lily Family. It is also known as a Slink Pod for the way the flower stalk bends to the ground after one or two days to deposit the seeds. The "Fetid" part of the name comes from the way the flower smells.

I do not know much about flowers but I like to look them up and get a background on what I am photographing. I found this flower to be a real challenge. It is about 3" above the ground and found in wet areas. This is the first image that I thought was even remotely acceptable after devoting three field sessions last year and two this year to this flower.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic