Whats for dinner ?

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jaharris1001

Whats for dinner ?

Post by jaharris1001 »

were having fruitfly tonight :lol: is that ok ? :wink:
the flower is somewhat tattered, but I still liked the subject, not as colorfull as the last, but still worth a look I think :wink:

Jim

"I'm growing older,, but not up " Jimmy Buffett

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

These spiders are very good hunters/predators and always seem to go for the throat :shock: Sure that is a "fruit fly?" Looks like a tiny "picture wing" to me but then again what do I know, a bug is a bug. :lol: Good photos there Jim :D

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Ken Ramos wrote:These spiders are very good hunters/predators and always seem to go for the throat :shock: Sure that is a "fruit fly?" Looks like a tiny "picture wing" to me but then again what do I know, a bug is a bug. :lol: Good photos there Jim :D
thanks Ken,, it could very well be a "picture wing" I didnt really research the fly aspect :wink: I just went to bugguide and it sure does look like a picture wing,,, thanks Ken :D a little different view of the victim

Jim

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Excellent capture Jim. I agree in the picture winged fly...Family Ulidiidae. It looks like the spider molted itsself to the flower condition.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

jaharris1001

Post by jaharris1001 »

Thanks Doug,, these guys are pretty versatile creatures I guess,, I didnt know they had that capabilty,, I went back out again today, these little guys are quite abundant now :D
Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic