www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Mounting Reichert infinity corr objectives, 28mm thread?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mounting Reichert infinity corr objectives, 28mm thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmc

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Mounting Reichert infinity corr objectives, 28mm thread? Reply with quote

Need some advice please folks.

I recently bought some Reichert infinity corrected objectives off ebay with the idea of using them in front of a camera lens for photomacrography, and when they arrived I discovered that they weren't RMS thread, but a larger one - just under 28mm as measured with micrometer.

Before I spend more money on an adapter suitable for attaching these to the front of a lens, would I be right in thinking that the thread would be M28x0.75 (I see Raf camera does a range of suitable adapters with this thread)?

Sorry, one additional question. I was planning on using these in front of either a Canon EOS 100mm macro lens, or Rayfact 105mm f4.5 (Nikon fit) lens. Would these be suitable, or do I need something with a longer focal length?
Adalbert

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I use a cheap step-down ring 52mm->28mm for my Reichert Plan Fluor 100x / 0.95.
If you use 105mm you will get ½ of the magn (so, better 200mm).
BR, ADi
jmc

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right, thanks Adalbert. Time to order an adapter then.

I do have a 200mm f4 micro-Nikkor I could use, which is also a 52mm filter thread.
Adalbert

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 200mm f4 micro-Nikkor would be perfect :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: