www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Natural light has its downsides
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Natural light has its downsides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonasa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Natural light has its downsides Reply with quote

I still very rarely work with artificial light, and prefer photographing under natural light conditions. Unfortunately, when you find a very cool scene, which you can not take home and will not last too long, and you only have late evening light, the result might not be the best. Even though, this is an interesting moment of ladybug behavior. Recently hatched nymph praying on it's sibling. Photo stacked with zerene stacker

Olympusman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject: Natural light Reply with quote

Still, it's a hell of a shot.

Mike
MarkSturtevant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This worked very well. I suppose one could make use of a reflector (a pie tin, for example), for bringing more natural light into a scene.
hayath

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing and interesting moment!
Very impactful image
Dalantech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the specular highlights look really good in that shot, so not sure why you're disappointed with the light. Early morning, late evening, and those days when there are some high thin clouds acting as a diffuser for the big yellow ball are what you really need. Unfortunately your choice of Fstops and ISOs will be limited due to the lack of light reflecting off of such a small scene.

I also like the low angle and the framing on that shot. All around a definite keeper!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: