Shooting through water 3: Example

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Zed, thanks for the info!
Pau

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Pau wrote:thanks for the info!
Wait until you hear the price :shock:

:D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

It's never a good sign, when you have to register to even see the price. :roll:

--Rik

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

:D On the other hand I think they are the only "big 4" company that will even tell you the list price just like that - without having to contact a rep. It's a good webshop by the way, I have even ordered from there.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks, great tip about this oil, but I need gallons of this stuf, so I'll have to pass.

Regarding glass needles, glass edges shine even through the flowers' I have tried pieces of cover slips in the past and their edges disturb the image significantly.

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

Jörgen Hellberg wrote:When I try to take photos of objects in water I have some trouble keeping them in one location. Not having such delicate and uniqe specimens that you have I use to pin them down.
I too work with larger specimes in therefore larger basins. I mostly use disk magnets to fix 'm, directly or with fish line (transparent) or with 36 AWG nichrome wire. With two magnets on the outside and one in the water tank, it's even possible to some extent to relocate the plants without messing around in the water.

My problem are the bubbles that always are formed on the glass and on the leaves. Pre-cooked water helps, but I'd like to know a better solution.

Wim
--- felix filicis ---

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I don't get bubbles on the glass if the water is the same temperature as the air, or warmer. Cold water outgasses as it warms up and I suspect my bubbles on the glass are from that source.

But you have live plants generating gas. I don't know what you can do about that.
Last edited by Lou Jost on Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

That's is what I have been doing lately. I'm still getting bubbles, albeit by far not as badly as before I used warm water.

I don't think the plants add much bubbles directly for it's quite dark for them.
--- felix filicis ---

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic