My macro -micro studio photo set-up

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Lou Jost wrote:My Aputure field monitor does that; I learned about it on this forum from Beatsy:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... field.html

I should add that it is by means perfect: the colors are off unless there is some tweaking I haven't discovered, and the battery life really sucks. The reviews on BH are worth reading.

But the point here is that field monitors can do peaking; there must be others that also do it and that have better color and better features.
Wow, that is pretty cool. More tools in the toolbox.

redaipaul1

Post by redaipaul1 »

Thank you very much for sharing this information with me. I find it very useful.

After reading all this my decision is clear. I will not buy a field monitor because in my case for studio conditions the PC monitor is good enough, more than this Remote shooting from Canon is more than enough for my needs.

Also I made some tests and if necessary I could connect the camera to my TV screen. Please see picture bellow.

Redai Paul

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I have the aputure field monitor, agree with Lou's statements.
Peaking is handy, battery life could be better. Sometimes mine refuses to turn on unless I pull the battery off.

Included cable is too short for my needs. Have to get a longer one. It does have a DC input, so an AC adaptor should work well. My setup has too many cables already, cable management is one of the frustrations of mine. I'll have to find a good way to make myself less annoyed by those cables.

redaipaul1

Set-up update

Post by redaipaul1 »

Hi guys this week I recieved my first automated rail rail from MJKZZ. it is a beautiful piece of art.

I made some adjustments to my my set-up and I wanted to share with you the results. Fine adjutmens will be made but I will keep you posted.

Hope you like it.

Redai Paul

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic