www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Mitutoyo 5x - Haze/Residue Issue
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mitutoyo 5x - Haze/Residue Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macro_Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarodactyl wrote:
Where are you getting delamination from this? The front element has been partially dissolved, that isn't Mitutoyo's fault.

It might not be, but the points stand.
1. Mit will not repair
2. The warranty is for exchanging. Such as, if you receive a new copy that's decentered out of the box. I say the 20x is the worst because anecdotally one in ten would come out the factory as a lemon.
3. Mits are fragile. Look at how tough those old cheap Nikon finite M Plans were, look at the Lomo ones. Myself and my friend aren't the only two that had Mits just crap itself. We aren't using the objective to inspect hot surfaces (that's one of the applications of long WD), just measurement and for me, photography.

Still, Mits are way cheaper and offers very solid performance compared to the tougher alternatives. That's how they bring the price down.
Brandontmyers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the lacquer trick and it does not appear it helped at all for my case. It appears that the issues are indeed on the inside of the front element Sad. Oh well, time to find something different. I was excited because the price was a good deal but now I see why.
Macrero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, though it was more than clear to me that the issue is irreparable...

Well, at least you learned a lesson. In cases like this, the best thing you can do is to return the objective immediately. Unless you want to have a nice paperweight ...

Best,

- Macrero
ray_parkhurst

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandontmyers wrote:
I tried the lacquer trick and it does not appear it helped at all for my case. It appears that the issues are indeed on the inside of the front element Sad. Oh well, time to find something different. I was excited because the price was a good deal but now I see why.

Ahh, that's too bad. I was anticipating a good result, but indeed if the problem is internal the only way to fix is to disassemble, and good luck to you with that. Although, what do you have to lose?
rockycarter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandontmyers your lens has fungus. if you have never disassembled one of these lens. you will never get it lined back up. i have changed the bottom element on a indentical lens. believe me the chemical. you have to use to remove the bottom element from its mount dangerous stuff. i can tell you where you can by a replacement element. i mean only the glass lens. you should return this lens.its basically done. if you contact Mitutoyo company. they will give you 100.00 american credit for the purchase of a new lens. once they have received your len. hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: