OT Optical question

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

OT Optical question

Post by Smokedaddy »

Off topic for this message board but,

I'm Struggling here,

Does anyone know how I can achieve 'at least' 5x magnification (nothing less) with a headset like the Donegan DA-10 OptiVisor, which only goes to 3.7x with a working distance of 4", or a pair of eye glasses, or headset of some sort that will achieve at least 5x and at least 4" working distance? A little more working distance would be nice, even if only 2" more. I'm using the Donegan at the moment. Currently I have to cut down my surgical scalpel handle or x-acto knife handle to prevent the ends of them from hitting the lens, so 4" working distance is the minimum I can handle otherwise I won't be able to hold them. I thought about using a stereo scope on a boom but I'm not sure how well that would really work from a hand eye coordination perspective and I only need about 5x to maybe 6x in reality. This is what I actually see with the Donegan's at their 4" focus requirement and the field of view I have. The field of view is totally acceptable and could even be less. I've been to a couple of different eye doctors for checkups and even they haven't a clue. I thought that was pretty odd although they thought my work was pretty amazing. <g>

-JW:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic