SOLD - Macro Nikkor Lenses

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dolmadis

SOLD - Macro Nikkor Lenses

Post by dolmadis »

Hi All

Does anyone have any interest?

Not a trade or dealer source just a genuine photographer acquaintance who wishes to sell equipment acquired from University Imaging Depts some time ago .

He would like to sell the set in one offer.

Comments/advice welcome on the thread.

Macro Nikkor F6.3 12cm MPJ50300

Macro Nikkor F4.5 65mm MPJ50200

Macro Nikkor f4.5 35mm MPJ50100

Macro Nikkor F2.8 19mm MPJ50000

Thanks

John
Last edited by dolmadis on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

I'd sell it separately.

The 12cm one is great for large format cameras and gives exceptional results from 1:1 to infinity. On FX, there's better alternatives at better prices.

The 65mm is great at 4:1, and utterly sucks outside of that. It covers medium format. However, lenses such as the Laowa 25mm and Mit 5x are easier to get a hold of, cheaper, and I don't think the 65mm would be able to beat them. I used to own one, sold it for about 450 AUD. The lens was cosmetically horrible.

No experience with the 35 or 19.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Thanks for the input. Those were my thoughts on how preferences had moved on in recent years.

I agree that it would be best to sell the lenses separately but the seller wishes to make a single sale.

He actually has two complete sets and a separate lens.

I know his target price to recover his cost price for both sets and I think that a near offer would be looked at in a haggle.

If anyone is interested in making an offer please PM me and I will pass it on.

He also has two stands and which he says have been in storage for a while so condition on some add-ons /accessories could be variable.

BR

John

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Photomicro

Post by Photomicro »

All those condenser inserts, masks etc. but no diascopic illuminator?
regards, Mike.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66189529@N08/

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

There are also two stands as I said in passing and yes with illuminators but everything has been in storage and the working condition of components could be uncertain. The long bellows on one looks damaged for example.

I'll post the photos if you are interested in making an offer for the two sets of lenses and stands, illuminators and everything else.

But there are NOT two complete set ups available.

Let me know.

BR

John
Last edited by dolmadis on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Photomicro

Post by Photomicro »

dolmadis wrote:There are also two stands as I said in passing and yes with illuminators but everything has been in storage and the working condition of components could be uncertain. The long bellows on one looks damaged for example.

I'll post the photos if you are interested in making an offer for the two sets of lenses and stands, illuminators and everything else.

Let me know.

BR

John
Sorry John, missed the part about the stands. It is the illuminator I am after really, and have recently passed up on a complete stand because it didn't seem fair. The stands were set up for medium/large format really, and there are not many use that now, for this use anyway.
regards, Mike.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66189529@N08/

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

I know that the seller is not willing to split up the stand parts.

I asked that myself. :D

John

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

That's a beautiful collection.

>He actually has two complete sets and a separate lens.
What is that separate lens? Is he willing to sell just that off?

I'm sure with such a condition and time, some collector would make a move.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Hi

No I am afraid that he definitely now wants to find one buyer for literally all of the items; 2 lens sets, plus extra lens, two stands, illuminators, bellows, masks etc etc.

I will pass on any offer to him.

If anyone knows of any collectors please let them know because this is a treasure trove for someone at, I am sure, a very realistic price.

BR

John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic