Nikon PlanAPo 20x 0.75 DIC N2 OFN25 WD1.0 infinity/0.17

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Nikon PlanAPo 20x 0.75 DIC N2 OFN25 WD1.0 infinity/0.17

Post by Lou Jost »

I'm in debt after buying a Panasonic S1R and am selling off some of my extra lenses and objectives.

Some time ago I bought an OEM "Nikon 20x 0.75 VC" objective. A few months ago a thread appeared here giving the critical information that this had come from a gene sequencing machine, and was corrected to image through a non-standard glass cell wall. I approximated this cell wall thickness with cover slips, and found the lens performed very well, with no color fringing. I got excited and bought two other versions of this objective; first another OEM version for presumably nonstandard cover slip thickness, and then the original Nikon version corrected for standard coverslip thickness. The latter version solves the problem of approximating the correct coverslip thickness. Then I found a true VC corrected Nikon-labelled version and bought that, at more than double the cost of the other versions.

So I have four versions of these, one tested version in Ecuador and the latest three here in the US, as yet untested. I don't need all of these. For now I am selling the Nikon-branded version that is corrected for standard 0.17mm coverslips. This is the middle objective of the three in the photos.

I ask $100 plus shipping. I can't test these here, but for forum members, if there is any problem I will accept a return for a full refund. They all look pristine though they have been removed from gene sequencers, so are not new.

Some links about this family of objectives:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hlight=20x

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hlight=20x

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

$100 for this objective is a very low price for a top performer.
I'm not going to buy it just because I already own one.

Lou, did you compare it with the VC version? If so, did you see any difference?
Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Yes please = pm sent.
Chris R

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Pau, I don't have the means to test these here in the US, where it has been waiting for me. Shipping to Ecuador is not reliable so I accumulate my purchases at my family's home in the US until I make my annual or semi-annual trip to pick them up. I am in the US now, and will return to Ecuador in five days.

It is cheap, but that;s just slightly less than I paid for it. Ebay tells me I paid $135 for it, from a reliable lab (esoteric_specialties). I couldn't resist at that price. But eventually a VC version appeared from the same seller (much more expensive), so I bought that, making this objective redundant.

Edit:Sold to ChrisR!

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Lou, I also bought it for $135 but now they are much more expensive.
AFAIK the only difference is in the Violet and maybe UV transmission.
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic