www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Photomicroscopic XYZ stage for sale **SOLD**
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Photomicroscopic XYZ stage for sale **SOLD**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BD.H

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Photomicroscopic XYZ stage for sale **SOLD** Reply with quote

Hi! I am BD from Belgium. A few years ago I was able to buy a used photomicroscope (Bioforce) with the intention of gaining in-depth photomicroscopy knowledge. Unfortunately, I do not have enough free time to finish this project further. So: is there any interest is this XYZ stage?
M Plan APO 20x objective. Zoom range 100-700x magnification. Zoom and positioning through high-resolution stepper motors. Fine positioning by lineare nano motor drive X / Y from Nanomotion. Resolution XY 20nm! Resolution Z 100nm.
Range XYZ 50 mm. LED-lighting TTL.
With digital camera, however, far better results with DSLR.
Ideal setup as the basis for photo stacking. Weight 17,5 kg.
Controllers and drivers soft- and hardware on PC available. Preferably shipping within Europe.

**SOLD**

Last edited by BD.H on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's an impressive machine with amazing specs!
JohnyM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beauty indeed. Could you write some more about it? Im not gonna buy it, but it looks very impressive and might have some neat tricks we could copy.
BD.H

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyM wrote:
A beauty indeed. Could you write some more about it? Im not gonna buy it, but it looks very impressive and might have some neat tricks we could copy.

Well, everything is designed to avoid as many vibrations as possible. The steppermotors are 5-wire resulting in smaller steps and smoother (not jerky) running. The ultrasonic motors are really amazing, no moving parts and very, very fine resolution. Also, the lens can be tilted a few degrees in any direction for flat objects.
For the Z-axis there is a coarse movement (spindle) and fine movement (stepper).
Also, there is a "home" button where the stage moves down and to the front for easy access. You could then "return" the stage to the exact same position.
BD.H

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest whatsoever? Too complicated or too expensive? I would be happy to answer your questions.
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, from what I can tell, it has a lot of desirable features and would suit very well, a proportion of workers in the field for whom a sophisticated working tool would be highly desirable.

The proportion might be quite small though, so I'd expect it to be a "slow mover". Smile
BD.H

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reduced the asking price to 1500 euro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: