www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Really in need of an ID
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Really in need of an ID

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Really in need of an ID Reply with quote

Apologies for only coming around when needing something but here I am with my hat in my hand needing some assistance. Being this is a very talented group of individuals here, I am hoping that someone may know what this "thing" is. Several of them appeared in a moist chamber culture prepared of Flowering dogwood bark containing one large slime mold plasmodium P. polycephalum, a model organism of sorts for cellular studies. Anyway, the size I am also unsure of possibly between 500-250 um. Please don't ask me about a scale bar because I am public schooled and third grade arithmetic shattered my dreams of becoming a theoretical physicist. There are several others like it but without the distinguishing marks that this particular one has. Fruit bodies of Physarum occurred to me but I have yet to find any of similar appearance. Thanks for looking. Smile

Meiji EMZ-8TRH w/Canon Powershot G9X, magnification @ 40X
WalterD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, you might cut it in half. To figure out if there is anything inside.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterD wrote:
Ken, you might cut it in half. To figure out if there is anything inside.

I cut some others open already that were not marked as this one was. Most were just plain on the inside. Nothing oozing or squirming about. I was kind of hoping something would hatch and go scampering about but not today. It must be a fungus of some kind but I have looked and looked and not found anything similar. Thanks Walter Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: