Optiphot-2

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Optiphot-2

Post by Smokedaddy »

=============================
** Note **
This setup was donated to a local High School.
=============================

An Astronomy friend of mine purchased this last year on eBay. I thought it was a good deal based on the eBay add. I gave him a list of 'specific' questions to ask the eBay seller before he bid on it. There were no issues with the scope according to the seller. Anyway, he lives in Alabama, I'm in Arizona so I can't personally inspect it. He wanted to get involved with microphotography. He has no experience in this hobby. Seems he doesn't have the time for another hobby and offered this Optiphot-2 to me. It's been sitting idle inside HIS shop re-boxed and ready to ship. I have no use for it since all my scopes are either Optiphot Biological/POL or PZO. I told him I'd put an add up here for him, so here it goes. According to him (whom I consider totally trust worthy) everything is working, lamps etc. No focus issues. The fluorescence is missing the slide/door but that shouldn't be a big deal to address. He told me the objectives optics were clear. The objectives were engraved with numbers (which I thought was odd). <g> I was told by someone in the know that the lamp houses appear to be correct. The lower lamp house is not the standard pre-centered type but has the adjustments and adjustable collector lens. They are not OEM but they are made by Nikon for this purpose. He is a long time experienced telescope collector and knows how to pack things like this correctly. It comes with everything show in the pictures, nothing else. He is asking what he paid for it.

$500.00 plus shipping cost

https://secure2.pbase.com/smokedaddy/optiphot-2

Regards,
-JW:
Last edited by Smokedaddy on Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

I wish all models would be so well documented. It's worth saving that photo series for the purpose!

I am sourly tempted, but I am already well over budget this year and it's only March now...
--- felix filicis ---

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

I haven't personally inspected it but I think it's a totally fair deal, actually a steal. That's why I had him jump on it.

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

I agree, it's worth it, even with added shipping and taxes.
--- felix filicis ---

Photomicro

Post by Photomicro »

iconoclastica wrote:I agree, it's worth it, even with added shipping and taxes.
I rather think that shipping to the UK may be too expensive, but will ask anyway.
regards, Mike.

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66189529@N08/

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

I had one shipped over this year for less than 35 euros (Ebay shipping program).
--- felix filicis ---

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

A whole microscope for $35?? That doesn't sound enough!
Chris R

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

ChrisR wrote:A whole microscope for $35?? That doesn't sound enough!
Nope. Just the shipping.
--- felix filicis ---

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... scope is history,.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic