www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Blog about optical and electron microscopy
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blog about optical and electron microscopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro & Microscopy Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nidhogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Blog about optical and electron microscopy Reply with quote

Hello!

I've just released my personal blog about optical and electron microscopy.
I decided to share my experiences with my instruments, so maybe they will be of help for people who like to experiment new horizons in microscopy, modify their insturments and build new ones.
You will find topics like electron microscopy, structured illumination and some lathe/milling works as well as many pictures in different techniques.

Articles about a laser microdissection microscope and a spinning disk confocal will be released in the future.

I hope you will find the informations useful!

https://nidhoggmicroscopy.wordpress.com/

lonepal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

That is insane!

When will you start to share your Micrographs?
Nidhogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

You can find many in the gallery and in the articles!
pbraub

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I have read your article on superresolution with the Zeiss universal and was very, very impressed. Superresolution in the home-shop (this is the right kind of crazy!). Thank you for sharing the details on your blog.

Have you ever tried different excitation wavelengths with your setup? Do you have to refocus the grating for this?

Kind regards
Peter
Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive works!!!

Could you post details of your Polarization modulated DIC method?
Nidhogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pbraub wrote:

Have you ever tried different excitation wavelengths with your setup? Do you have to refocus the grating for this?
Peter

I haven't tried different wavelenghs, but that wouldn't be a problem. Any inchoerent light source is very suitable for structured illumination. Refocusing the grating is very easy, there is just a knob for that.
I think I will rebuild the system with a DMD in the future, a digital micromirror device will fasten the aquisition process making it virtually possible to image in-vivo. The only limit is the camera sensitivty and thus its speed. One also needs to be able to program a software which applies the reconstruction algorithms in real time. I might build one of those for my Master thesis if they like the idea!

I will add details of PM-DIC in the future!
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
Robert Berdan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: HI Nice Blog - thanks for sharing Reply with quote

Hi thanks for sharing I have book marked your web site and will go through it more carefully this weekend.

I have lots of electron microscopy experience both transmission and sem experience, and optical microscopy. I am now using the SEM again to photograph things I want to examine like Diatoms and Radiolaria by renting the Univ. Calgary SEM. Cutting thin sections was tedious, but exciting to see the images. I am mostly interested in SEM now.

Have a few of my SEM pictures in this article:
https://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/rberdan_scanning_electron_microscopy2017.html

I look forward to seeing your images.
Rob B
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article, Robert Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro & Microscopy Articles All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: