VIS vs FL

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MASZEK

VIS vs FL

Post by MASZEK »

My fun with FL

Regards

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Nice pictures and comparison.

Something weird is happening with your post: the first stereo image tends to disappear: early this morning it was but recharging the page now it doesn't show, yesterday I observed the same
Pau

Sumguy01

Post by Sumguy01 »

:smt041 Very nice.
Thanks for sharing.

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Hi Maszek, excellent set; thanks for sharing. How should I watch stereo?

Regards,

Walter

MASZEK

Post by MASZEK »

Hi

Thank You for get your attention on my photos. I am very satisfied.

Sumguy01 - Thank You

Pau - I have noticed, that issue you wrote, takes place when I log in on this forum. Because I do nothing by those photos, so I think it is technical problem. When I log out and watch my photos, they are at full strength.

WalterD - I describe You, what I do to see stereo effect. I gaze at tho photos. I am trying to make a cross -eyes effect. Then between two photos it should occur the third one. On the third I am focusing attention.
This third should show You 3-D effect. Finish :lol:

Because FL is my hobby, I will try occasionally attach photos showing this effect

Best regards

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

WalterD wrote: How should I watch stereo?
If you do a Search, on
keywords ............... thumb AND cross

with author ............ ChrisR

and
Display as Posts, bottom left,

you should find 3 posts! I believe one or two people have benefited, but I don't know which post, sorry!
One thing - when you're trying to get the "lock" - stare at one object in the middle frame, and wait. Suddenly you find you can look all around the frame.
Chris R

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Hi Maszek and Chris,

Thank you both for your very helpful reply. I could not find Chris article with those keywords, I did find 5 other posts on different subjects.
Very useful hint to aim for a third image in the middle. As I somehow cannot accomodate my eyes with that crosseyed technique (I ususally end up crosseyed, with a headache and still seeing 2 pictures :D ) I got help from a stereo lorgnette I got a while ago
(this one: http://www.starosta.com/ebay/lorgnette.html)
And it works! Fantastic, now I can enjoy all those stereo pics on the forum and start creating new ones.

Jacek

Post by Jacek »

Very nice

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

WalterD wrote:I got help from a stereo lorgnette I got a while ago
(this one: http://www.starosta.com/ebay/lorgnette.html)
And it works! Fantastic, now I can enjoy all those stereo pics on the forum and start creating new ones.
Could you then see the 3D without any other manipulation of the images direct from the forum on screen?

BR

John

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Yes, just looking through the lorgnette with the display not too far away and the image not too big. I've already checked different sets in the forum, also in Riks previous posts.
I got the lorgnette 2 years ago when buying a microscope. The one in the link is identical.
@Maszek: anyway inspiring to continue with 3D/stereo.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

WalterD wrote:Yes, just looking through the lorgnette with the display not too far away and the image not too big. I've already checked different sets in the forum, also in Riks previous posts.
Walter, I am very concerned that you are not actually seeing what you should be seeing.

The lorgnettes that I am familiar are designed for parallel viewing, where the left-eye image is on the left, and the right-eye image on the right.

But most of the stereo pairs in this forum are laid out for crossed-eye viewing, where the left-eye image is on the right, and the right-eye image is on the left.

If you treat a crossed-eye layout as parallel, then you will see a sort of 3-D image, but its depth will be reversed. What should be in front is in back, and vice versa. This may be no problem with highly transparent micro subjects, but with opaque subjects it is at best like looking at the inside of a mask, and at worst highly confusing because of conflicts between depth and occlusion. (Where two legs cross, the one that appears farther back will hide the one that appears farther forward.)

I strongly suggest feeding some of my stereo pairs through StereoPhoto Maker so as to reverse the order of the sides, and see if they look better through your lorgnette.

One caution: you may be inclined to take a shortcut and run the image through Photoshop, doing a left/right "flip". This will not reverse the layout as needed, because the image content will be reversed as well as the overall layout. To get the right result, you need to swap the order of the images, without otherwise changing their appearance. This can be done fairly easily by shifting layers in Photoshop, just not with Photoshop's "flip" function.

--Rik

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Good call, Rik. As I understand now, the cross eyed items so far cannot be seen with any other aid without adjustment in e.g. SPM.
I may have been a bit over-enthousistic and at the same time was not sure that I was actually seeing things hollow that should have been ball-shaped. Which in some cases I did. Anyway not hallucinating...:)

Could you provide me the link to your post because I lost it? The available online so-called crosseyed sets don't look bad with that lorgnette.
I strongly suggest feeding some of my stereo pairs through StereoPhoto Maker so as to reverse the order of the sides, and see if they look better through your lorgnette.
I downloaded SteeoPhoto Maker, the idea is to feed it a jpg containing a stereo pair and then continue in the edit or adjustment tab?
Would it be an idea to get this integrated in Zerene as well?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

WalterD wrote:I downloaded SteeoPhoto Maker, the idea is to feed it a jpg containing a stereo pair and then continue in the edit or adjustment tab?
Just copy the stereo image you you want o see, then at SPMaker select (edit) Paste and click the red/blue small button to invert it. Then push enter to see it at full screen and resize the image with the mouse wheel.
Pau

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Just copy the stereo image you you want o see, then at SPMaker select (edit) Paste and click the red/blue small button to invert it. Then push enter to see it at full screen and resize the image with the mouse wheel.
That does the trick!
But now there's no 3rd middle image, to me the correct stereo image appears on the left hand side. Guess you noticed the same? So basically after processing my pics for stereo in Zerene I can make them visible for my lorgnette with this simple adjustment.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

WalterD wrote:Could you provide me the link to your post because I lost it? The available online so-called crosseyed sets don't look bad with that lorgnette.
The most examples in the fewest pages are at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=7819 .
Would it be an idea to get this integrated in Zerene as well?
It would certainly be good to have a button to Swap Left/Right when previewing a stereo. At present, swapping sides requires four clicks with a lot of mouse movement, thinking, and visual disruption. If the current order is A/B, then to reverse them requires clicking on the left pane to select it, then clicking on image B to display B/B, then clicking on the right panel and on image A to display B/A. I have often wanted a swap button for my own use. The only reason there isn't one must be inertia.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic