Sporangia, Sori and autofluorescence (2)

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MASZEK

Post by MASZEK »

Hi Walter D,

In your first set I have noticed photo 4 and 5, which I like it very much. I would like to ask You about one thing. Could You write me, what kind of filters did You use to make photo number 4 and 5. I mean, I would ask You about particular numbers and indication of your excitation filter and coopereted with it barrier filter.

You do great job and show, please more such amazing photos like those from this topic.

Thank You for your help.

All the best.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

The LED wavelength, too, please!
:wink:
Chris R

MASZEK

Post by MASZEK »

ChrisR,

I asked WalterD about filters, because I sometimes personally use the same excitation and barrier filters. I use superhigh-pressure merkury lamp as well.

I would have described in details my filters, unfortunetelly russian language is forbidden on this forum (russian letter cannot be displayed), am I right?

My problem is, that I cannot reach satisfied fluorescene effect.

By the way, thanks for help.

:?

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Ah, I thought Walter was using LED - (same exposures as Pau's Leds.) I see now it's HBO.
Yes filter info would be interesting too!
Testing:
Privet in Cyrillic - failed :cry:
Chris R

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Hi Maszek,

Nice to hear that, less nice it won't work in your setup. The filter block in this Lomo is called "blue" but it is just a combination of a colourless, most likely longpass filter and a dichroic mirror. The excitation filter is cruscial, this is the YOC6-3 for ultraviolet excitation. the 3 means the glass is 3 mm thick (the YOC6-5 has 5 mm thick glass) The O in YOC is cyrillic with a vertical line through the middle.

The typical HBO lamp spectre looks like this:

The excitation filter mentioned uses the 365 nm peak.

The Lumam filter blocks look like this:

The yellow circle is not relevant.

The barrier filters inside like this: (the blue block has got the 3rd from the left)

And maybe you can translate this for me :)

Will pm you later this week with some documentation

Regards

Walter

MASZEK

Post by MASZEK »

Hi WalterD.

In attachment I enclose the translation of table and photo of slider to the dark field.

I have noticed on your photo you don't have dark field slider.

In original documentation russian suggest to use "thermal filter" (this filter protect excitation filter from hot temperature and thermal radiation)

The symbol o this filter is : C3C24

This filter You should put on the first place after source of light.

In case of any problem, do not hesitate to contact with me.

I have original documentation and I know quite good russian language.

All the best.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Chris, the Lomo fluorescence combos are labeled according with the emission filter while most makers label them according with the excitation filter: the blue Lomo combo roughly equals to the typical UV cube from other makers (we formerly discussed it at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 497#228497 )
Pau

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Thank you Maszek, you're very kind.
I do have the dark field block, it was just not included in that photo. I've been using it for my non-fluorescent pictures 4 years ago.
It would be interesting to see a thread with your setup (in equipment discussions), always an inspiring opportunity to exchange experiences. To me the choice of the best combination of filter blocks and excitation filters is also a bit of trial and error.

@Pau: That's right, even that table I showed Maszek was translated in google by me that time. The possibility to use a camera that is modified for UV, to be able to utilize the UV block, is still interesting, I haven't seen a lot of microphotos made that way.
In my next thread I will use the "green" filterblock.

Note: the blue block has a colourless barrier filter, the green block a yellow one and the red one a red one.

Robert Berdan

Beautiful photographs

Post by Robert Berdan »

Very beautiful photomicrographs Walter - Kudos to you!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic