www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Nikon Small World Reception
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nikon Small World Reception

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olympusman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Nikon Small World Reception Reply with quote

The opening reception for the Nikon Small World competition was held Friday evening, January 18 at the Wistar Institute In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I was an invited guest speaker. FYI - you would be amazed at how well your images hold up on that big screen display.

Lou Jost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, and it must have been a real kick to see your image on that giant display system!
Olympusman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Small World Reply with quote

I was actually awestruck by the quality of all of the winning images. As I said, I couldn't believe these images could hold up at that size, particularly those from our group.

Mike
mawyatt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Mike, that's awesome!!

Did you display some of your superb chip images?

Best,
Olympusman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Nikon Small World Reply with quote

The program was limited to the entries for Nikon Small World. The large display rotated in the same order as seen in the Small World website. My address concerned my background, techniques and the methods used for the capture of my image.
Thank you for your comment on my chip photography. Since I have been shooting with a 100X oil objective, I've been going through my chip collection and looking for areas on the chips that would lend themselves to high magnification capture.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: