Wemacro lenses

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Adalbert

Wemacro lenses

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everybody,
Does anybody have any experience with the lenses from Wemacro?
e.g.
https://www.wemacro.com/?product=10x-in ... g-distance
BR, ADi

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Here's some images from WeMacro lenses.

https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... ht=wemacro

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hi Mike,
Many thanks for the link!
BR, ADi

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

They are likely Mit clones, and probably made in Nanjing.
They are better than the usual finite objectives but not as good as an authentic mit.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

The 10X is likely a clone, but not the 5X since the Wemacro is ~10mm shorter in main body length than the Mitutoyo.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

I wonder where they ordered them from (and if you'd get similar results from any of the mitutoyo-alikes on AliExpress or what have you). I'm not surprised they are out of stock given how that test went.

TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

I did find who made the WeMacro objectives. I will do a search and post if I can find it.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

From William at WeMacro

"The supplier for this lens changed some specs for this lens.The 5X is not so good as before so we temporarily stop selling this lens.We are still discussing with them on the quality issue.The lens 10X did not change on the quality ,maybe we will only sell 10X in future."

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

dolmadis wrote:From William at WeMacro

"The supplier for this lens changed some specs for this lens.The 5X is not so good as before so we temporarily stop selling this lens.We are still discussing with them on the quality issue.The lens 10X did not change on the quality ,maybe we will only sell 10X in future."
That's integrity. =D>

Not that I'm surprised, given what we've heard about William at WeMacro. Still, it deserves recognition.

--Chris S.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Chris S. wrote:
dolmadis wrote:From William at WeMacro

That's integrity. =D>

Not that I'm surprised, given what we've heard about William at WeMacro. Still, it deserves recognition.

--Chris S.
Chris,

Agree, some time ago when I purchased the WeMacro focus rail as a supplement to my Stackshot rail I was impressed, especially considering the cost. William improved the bushings on the focus rail guides (they weren't that bad), then sent me a new rail without any discussion, out of the clear blue :shock:

That's customer service :D

Best,
~Mike

TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

That sounds like William, old style business ethics - with built in quality assurance!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic