www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Testing My Macro Adapter
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Testing My Macro Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephHuntley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Testing My Macro Adapter Reply with quote

Well I figured I would stay in and work with my macro adapter today and work on my basic Manual Mode Skills. I think I took everything people have been telling me about my ISO settings etc and put it to good use.

I also want to eventually get a good macro lens the 100mm cost as much as my kit so I may just go with a good 40MM though I know nothing about macro lenses

TY everyone for all your feedback it is helping me set up for my low light conditions.

First Shot I played around wanted to do water drops but didnt realize had to be on top the water with the macro adapter so thats later.

I tried it out on my dirty hand from work lol it was hard holding camera still and pointing at my other hand.

Camera: Nikon D3500 DSLR
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens w/ 55mm Macro Adaptor

Low Light Indoors

23MM With Macro Adapter
Iso 450
f/5.6
1/60

Last edited by JosephHuntley on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
JosephHuntley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked it and was hard focusing with my 1 finger while holding camera and shooting at my hand.

So I decided to set up an old shell I got from somewhere a few hundred years ago while on vacation.

Nikon D3500 DSLR
Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
23MM With Macro Adapter
Iso 100
f/3.8
1.3 sec

MarkSturtevant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look good. For getting a true macro lens that goes to 1:1 you might consider getting an old discontinued model. They will cost considerably less while still having very good glass.
JosephHuntley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I was looking at either this lens

https://www.amazon.com/Oshiro-60mm-2-8-Ultra-Macro-Digital/dp/B010R8MGA6/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1547303880&sr=1-11&keywords=Nikon+Macro+Lense

or this one

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-AF-S-Micro-NIKKOR-40mm-2-8G/dp/B005C50H2Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1547303880&sr=1-3&keywords=Nikon+Macro+Lense
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: