Schneider Optics MACRO-VARON 4.5/85MM Ultra High Resolution

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Sager

Schneider Optics MACRO-VARON 4.5/85MM Ultra High Resolution

Post by Sager »

Hello,
I have (2) 0.5-2X CAS 85mm f/4.5 Macro-Varon lenses for sale and can outfit them with V-mount extension tubes, helical focusing units and camera adapters if needed... They are posted on eBay as well but I would much rather sell them to a forum user. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201767070561?

These resolve around 100lp/mm and will work with sensors down to 2.5um. They are one of the best modern macro lenses available right now and have a unique Continuous Aberration Suppression technology to resolve down to 2.5 microns over its entire magnification range from 0.5 - 2X.

If you're not familiar with the lens here are a few spec sheets:
https://www.schneideroptics.com/pdfs/in ... ochure.pdf
http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/filea ... 4.5-85.pdf

This is personally one of my favorite lenses. I'm keeping a few to use on my own projects but would like to sell a few so others can enjoy this lens.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm asking $2,000ea. and I have 2 available. I'll throw in free shipping anywhere in the world (fully insured too).

Davids

Post by Davids »

Sager,
I'm very interested in this lens and hadn't really heard about it until I saw your post of the glass shards.
Are you able to post more pictures using this lens? I'm having a hard time finding example pictures using this lens.
Thanks!
David

Sager

Post by Sager »

Hello David,
I'm capturing another shot right now with the Macro-Varon. I'll post it to same thread once its compiled and edited. Its the same subject matter as the other shots.

I don't know of anyone else who owns a Macro Varon lens... Would love if someone else chimed in with there experiences with this lens. I may be one of the few photographers using the lens outside of industrial users.

The process for using the lens that I employ is to compose my shot and then I measure the magnification by focusing on a steel ruler. I then set the dial on the lens to that magnification. There is a noticeable improvement in sharpness and micro-contrast once the magnification is optimized.

BTW One of the Macro-Varon's I listed sold on eBay within minutes of posting... I don't know if he is a forum member but let's he posts some pics when he gets set up with the lens.

Sager

Post by Sager »

Both lenses sold very quickly. I have a few more that I may be willing to sell in the future but I am in no rush. I leave the posting up if anyone is interested.

Sager

Post by Sager »

I've listed one of my few remaining Macro Varon's on eBay. This one has cosmetic damage but is optically excellent, image quality is 100% what it should be. In fairly extensive testing I see no difference between this lens and every other Macro Varon I've owned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202507260769

Good time to get one if you don't mind a little cosmetic wear. (all dings disappear once you put a step-up ring and the v-mount on)

After this one sells I'll be down to two Macro Varon's (one good one and one prototype in need of repairs)

If anyone is here is interested let me know.

Sager

Post by Sager »

Well, sold pretty quickly at that price. Hopefully it was someone on the boards here.

dy5

Post by dy5 »

It was ... The lens will be used and appreciated. I'm a soon-to-be-retired neuroscientist and spent much of my career photographing tiny things for journal articles and the like. Photographing insects was a pleasant sidelight with significant addictive potential. I'm gradually assembling a photo lab in my back room, which will be the new home of your very nice lens.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Congratulations dy5!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic