www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - FAQ: 3D models
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FAQ: 3D models
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzffnn wrote:
Brilliant work, Saul! Thank you for doing that.

Thanks, Fan ! I hope that some our collagues found it useful
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may find SolidWorks far easier to create your model; even engraved or embossed lettering on a conical surface is quite easy and intuitive. If you are on a very tight budget you may want to use FreeCAD on a free operating system even! Take a look at threads on dpreview for legacy lenses on NX-mini. From memory one guy has succeeded by making the thread angle very shallow presumably to allow the printer a chance of interpreting a fine thread - getting some filament in there! I hope admin can place this “thread” in the correct place? Some may like this OTT model for Praktica B lenses and accessories to a NX-mini ? Note that unlike machining complexity is not necessarily expensive in 3D printing.

I have designed a simple machined part now under manufacture as I could not rely on third party sizing (calibration.) Keep pushing back the boundaries -
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injecting a link that other people may find helpful...

"Make: an open source hardware, Arduino-powered, 3D-printed wire-bending machine"
https://boingboing.net/2018/10/22/crimp-crimp-crimp.html

The video is a 15 minute tour of design and implementation. I found it informative and inspiring.

I was particularly interested in the quality of the 3D printing shown in the video, for example on the gear surfaces. Associated documentation at https://all3dp.com/1/creality-cr-10-3d-printer-review-worth-the-hype/ says that "Fitted with a 0.4mm nozzle, Creality notes the CR-10’s maximum resolution as 100 microns."

Do you think what's shown in the video is straight off the printer, or has it been cleaned up somehow?

--Rik
Saul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11. Mitutoyo BD objective to the Nikon Optiphot adapter

Files:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3198137

40mm COB LED ring light can be used for the EPI light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: