Euphorbia obesa- dioecious flowering

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

cactuspic

Euphorbia obesa- dioecious flowering

Post by cactuspic »

Nicknamed the "baseball plant," the " hacky sack plant," Eurphorbia obesas grow even more unusual when they flower. The flower was taken at 5x. The flowers for this Euhorbia species are dioecious. Individual plant produce either male or female flowers, but not both. This particular plant has female flowers.

Native to the Greater Karoo area of South Africa, Euphorbia obesa is endangered in habitat.

I hope you enjoy

Irwin

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

One of my favourite Euphorbias Irwin. Two excellent pics as well. I like Pic1 in particular as it makes a very pleasing abstract as well as showing off the plant's beautiful form and markings.

Bruce :D

cactuspic

Post by cactuspic »

Thanks Bruce. I have had several plants and this one has the most distinctive markings.

Irwin

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Great shots Irwin,i love Euphorbia yet I have none! I think they are a fascinating genus tho. Have you been on Frank's Euphorbia site, Euphorbia.de ?
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

cactuspic

Post by cactuspic »

Cyclops wrote:Great shots Irwin,i love Euphorbia yet I have none! I think they are a fascinating genus tho. Have you been on Frank's Euphorbia site, Euphorbia.de ?
Cyclops, thanks for the kind words and link t o Frank's Euphorbia site. I hadn't been there yet but intend to to go there next.

Irwin

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Excellent shots Irwin. I love the patterns on the plant. :)
Joan Young

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic