www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Wemacro Time Interval?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wemacro Time Interval?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deanimator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Wemacro Time Interval? Reply with quote

For those using the Wemacro rail, what time interval between exposures do you recommend, especially when using 4-10x objectives?

And while we're at it, what step size?

Thanks
hero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step size depends on the NA of the objective as described in this table:

https://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/tables/macromicrodof

I have found that at the magnifications I work at, this table is good.

Time delay between exposures depends on the steadiness of the setup. I have a less steady setup but I also shoot at lower magnifications than you. My time delay is on the order of 3 seconds at my highest magnification. It matters less if you use flash.
mawyatt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Wemacro Vertical Stand I've found that ~8 seconds using flash seems OK for up to 5X. This is arranged such that most of the time is allocated for vibrations to settle prior to exposure, not time for moving (I'm moving and writing the previous TIFF file at the same time). Generally go to a Horizontal Thor Labs based setup for higher magnifications, its more stable and still uses the same general timing. This setup is in the process of conversion for Vertical use as well, but don't think the timing will change.

DoF at 10X for NA of 0.28 is ~0.55/(NA^2) or ~ 7um, at 4X with NA of 0.1 it's 55um.

Best,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Beginners Macro All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: